Business Continuity Awareness Week 2015 (BCAW) is a global event designed to educate organisations on the importance of business continuity planning and resilience by sharing experiences, knowledge and best practices.
This year, Business Continuity Awareness Week will run from 16th to 20th March 2015, celebrating the theme, ‘Putting your Plans to the Test‘, a theme designed to get organisations to actually test their plans. According to a recent study, less than a third of respondents stated that they had tested their plan during the previous twelve months. If you don’t test your plan, the only way you will know if it works is when you put it into action for real – is this really a good time to find out that it doesn’t work?
InConsult encourages all organisations to ‘put your plans to the test’ during Business Continuity Awareness Week 2015 so to get you in the spirit of BCAW 2015, we have suggested a range of activities to help raise awareness and improve the level of staff engagement:
- Update key elements of your BCP including any contact directories.
- Ask Business Continuity Team Leaders to review and update their departmental plans.
- Hold Business Continuity Awareness Training for the Crisis Team and Business Continuity Team Leaders.
- Host a “Lunch and Learn” for all staff to outline key elements of your BCP.
- Conduct a Business Continuity Exercise for the Crisis Management Team. Download our Business Disruption Exercise Scenario ideas.
Find out more about BCAW 2015 at the Business Continuity Institute’s website.
Remember that whatever you do, it’s all about keeping business continuity front of mind and staff aware of your organisations response strategy! Check out InConsult’s Business Continuity Management capabilities and services to find out how we can help you.