Business Continuity Awareness Week (BCAW) is a global event designed to raise awareness of business continuity and resilience by educating, sharing experiences, knowledge and best practices.
This year, BCAW 2022 will run from 16th – 20th May 2022 and celebrates the theme, “Building Resilience in the Hybrid World”. Why this theme? According to The Business Continuity Institute (BCI), in the last 24 months, the world has seen a rise in the adoption of hybrid work models, where employees have the flexibility to work part in the office and part remotely. In this new work environment, organizations need to rethink the way they embed, validate and raise awareness amongst their staff of Business Continuity Plans.
The aim of the theme is to equip organisations & Business Continuity Professionals with the necessary tools to embed & improve awareness of Business Continuity in this new workplace reality.
Don’t let the pandemic get in your way. You are resilient right? Be creative. What will you do to raise awareness of business continuity and the importance of resilience?
8 things to do during Business Continuity Awareness Week
Here is our list of 8 things you can do during BCAW 2022 to help improve the level of engagement in resilience and business continuity management:
- Update your organisations Business Impact Analysis (BIAs) via on-line meetings or a hybrid meeting.
- Review and update key elements of your response plans such as the BCP, Crisis Management Plan, Pandemic Plan, IT-DRP or Data Breach Response Plan.
- As many employees may still be working from home and this increases cyber risks – conduct on-line cyber security awareness training sessions.
- With climate risk and third party risks on the rise, conduct a hybrid Crisis Management Team simulation exercise covering one of these risks.
- Conduct refresher training for the Crisis Team and those senior managers involved in implementing your response plans.
- Provide management a high level presentation covering the concept of operation of the various response plans.
- Run a hybrid of games and quizzes such as crosswords and find a word.
- How creative are your people? Run a competition and have people draw a picture, design a meme or write a short poem on what ‘Building Resilience in the Hybrid World’ means to them.
Equally important, InConsult encourages all organisations to get involved in Business Continuity Awareness Week 2021. Contact us if you would like help in planning or conducting events during BCAW 2022.
In the mean time, find out more about BCAW 2022 at the Business Continuity Institute’s website.
And finally, remember that whatever you do, it’s all about keeping business continuity front of mind and staff aware of your organisations response strategy! Check out InConsult’s Business Continuity Management capabilities to find out how we can help you build a more resilient organisation.
InConsult is a member of the #1 global BC professional association
We are proud to be a corporate member of the Business Continuity Institute (BCI), the world’s leading institute for business continuity and resilience. Just like InConsult, the BCI promotes and facilitates the adoption of good business continuity practice to help build more resilient organisations. Further, the BCI is the leading membership and certifying organization for Business Continuity (BC) professionals worldwide.