Business Continuity Awareness Week 2019 (BCAW) is a global event designed to educate organisations on the importance of business continuity planning and resilience by sharing experiences, knowledge and best practices.
This year, Business Continuity Awareness Week will run from 13th – 17th May 2019, and celebrates the theme, “Investing in Resilience”. This year’s theme will explore different interpretations of “investing” to generate discussions around how to best support business continuity professionals and resilience functions. From investing in people and training, to looking ahead and considering how we can invest in the future of resilience.
So what will you do to raise awareness of business continuity and the importance of resilience?
InConsult recommends a range of activities to help raise awareness and improve the level of engagement in resilience and business continuity management:
- Update your Business Impact Analysis (BIAs), key elements of your response plans such as your BCP, your IT-DRP orCyberThreat Response Plan.
- Hold Refresher Training for the Crisis Team and senior managers involved in implementing your response plans. Provide a high level run through on the concept of operation of various plans.
- Host a “Lunch and Learn” for all staff and line managers to outline their role in business continuity and resilience.
- Hold a “Morning Tea” and invite key managers to discuss their preparedness and key disruption risks they face.
- Conduct an Exercise for the Crisis Management Team. Stuck for ideas? Download our Business Disruption Exercise Scenario ideas.
InConsult encourages all organisations to get involved in Business Continuity Awareness Week 2019.
Find out more about BCAW 2019 at the Business Continuity Institute’s website.
Remember that whatever you do, it’s all about keeping business continuity front of mind and staff aware of your organisations response strategy! Check out InConsult’s Business Continuity Management capabilities and services to find out how we can help you.