Whilst organisations cannot control the likelihood and impact of major disruption events like cyber attacks, floods, fires, pandemics, power failures and a host of other business continuity risks, they can control their preparedness and timeliness of their response.
How well do the people that you rely on during a crisis to implement your business continuity plan and other sub-plans understand their roles and responsibilities?
Our Business Continuity Awareness Training is an excellent way to help prepare your crisis management team for a wide range of disruptions. It is designed to help people responsible for leading, implementing and managing a business continuity management program understand and apply the basic concepts of BCM to improve your organisations resilience.
This half-day course is designed to help the crisis management team gain more confidence in their plans during any crisis.
- What is an incident, crisis and disaster.
- Characteristics and phases of a crisis.
- Stages of the response.
- Key principles of a disaster response:
- Emergency response phase.
- Crisis management phase.
- Business recovery phase.
- Business resumption phase.
- Dealing with people and stress.
- Importance and golden rules of communication.
- Familiarisation with key elements of the business continuity plan.
- The importance of lessons learned and post incident debrief.
The training can be tailored to your needs and incorporate your business continuity plans and sub-plans.
- Familiarise key people with your business continuity management framework and plan.
- Ensure members of the crisis management team understand the organisations recovery procedures.
- Ensure key people understand their respective roles to guide the organisation through a major crisis
The course includes DVD’s, games and case studies to make learning fun, effective and memorable.
The course is only available as in-house training. It can be delivered in person, on-line or in a hybrid format.
The course is delivered by an experienced subject matter expert and trainer.
Participants can claim 3 hours CPD points. A certificate of attainment is issued upon completion.
Would you like to know more about our range of training services and our extensive business continuity management capabilities? Contact us today.