In today’s complex and uncertain business environment, understanding the importance of risk management and its links to achieving business objectives and good governance is vital for all directors, managers, team leaders and employees.
The people responsible for making decisions, dealing with issues, embedding internal controls are in the best position to manage risk. That is why a sound understanding of risk management theory and practice across all levels of an organisation is critical. How can you simplify risk management and make it relevant to them?
Our Introductory Risk Management Training is an excellent way to help introduce and reinforce the basic concepts of risk management to improve people’s risk management skills and confidence.
This half-day course is designed to help senior executives, line managers, team leaders and staff to help grasp the basic and most important concepts of risk management using the AS ISO 31000 risk management standard as the foundation of the course.
- Fundamentals of risk & uncertainty.
- Overview of the ISO 31000 risk management standard.
- Key terms and definitions.
- The difference between inherent risk and residual risk.
- How to use the bow-tie diagram.
- The types of risk assessment techniques.
- How to conduct a risk assessment – a step-by-step process of risk identification, analysis and evaluation and how to apply it in practice.
- How to complete a Risk Register and Treatment Plan.
- How to address risk by identify and evaluating control effectiveness and developing treatments.
- How to apply the risk appetite statement in practice.
- Myths and barriers to good risk management.
- What does poor risk management look like?
- What does good risk management look like?
- Benefits of good risk management.
The training can also be tailored to meet your specific needs and modified to your risk management framework and risk assessment processes. We can also include more complex and challenging risk management topics if required.
- This course will help reinforce your organisations commitment to risk management and importance of managing risk.
- Enhance the quality of risk management processes and activities.
- Develop people’s capabilities and skills as they will learn how to apply new skills.
- Improve the overall effectiveness of your risk management and governance framework as people are engaged and involved.
- Improve the consistency in applying risk management practices.
The course includes videos, games and case studies to make learning fun, effective and memorable. Participants receive InConsult’s Risk Management Workbook, including case studies and templates.
The course is only available as in-house training. It can be delivered in person, on-line or in a hybrid format.
The course can be in a short ‘lunch and learn’ format, half-day or a full day format.
The course is delivered by an experienced subject matter expert and trainer.
For a half-day course, participants can claim 3 hours CPD points. A certificate of attainment is issued upon completion.
Would you like to know more about our range of training services and our end-to-end risk management capabilities? Contact us today.