We help the public sector improve the efficiency, effectiveness and transparency of their risk and assurance processes to protect office holders and allow better use of public funds.
InConsult has significant experience in the public sector covering the three levels of government:
- Local Government;
- State Government; and
- Federal Government.
InConsult is a prequalified supplier under the NSW Performance and Management Services Scheme (SCM0005) and ICT Services Scheme (SCM0020).
We Understand the Key Issues
Our involvement in the public sector means we understand the issues facing our clients.
- Cost shifting
- Aging workforce and labour relations
- Mergers in NSW
- Rate pegging & low investment income
- Sustainability of service delivery and infrastructure
- Regional development
- Constitutional recognition of local government
- Changes to planning laws
- Lack of competitive tendering for insurance services
- Sale of public infrastructure
- Shift from public to private sector delivery models
- Cost shifting
- Aggressive restructuring of agencies
- Aggressive outsourcing
- Reducing IT spend Vs IT security and IT efficiency
- Rising house prices
- State significant planning laws
- Levels of foreign debt and government spending
- Healthcare privatisation
- Balancing mining benefits and environmental protection
We draw our capabilities from our team of experienced people. Our Directors and consultants have worked in the public sector and have a good understanding of the current issues facing the public sector.
We have proven track record of delivering projects on time, within budget and adding value.
We understand all elements of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and the specific needs of NSW State Government agencies to ensure observance of NSW Treasury’s Internal Audit and Risk Management Policy TPP15-03.
We have over 130 public sector clients and have worked across the three tiers of government on a wide range of projects that include:
- Independent review of various governance frameworks including risk management, probity, procurement and contract management;
- Design and implementation of enterprise wide risk management frameworks;
- Conducting strategic risk assessment workshops;
- Assessing level of risk maturity;
- Sketching and drafting realistic and practical risk appetite statements;
- Providing outsourced and co-sourced internal audit services;
- Developing strategic audit plans and conducting a wide range of internal audits;
- Developing fraud and corruption control policies and procedures;
- Conducting realistic business continuity exercises;
- Conduct investigations;
- Delivering training to management, risk owners and Councillors in risk management, risk appetite, business continuity, GIPA, governance and internal control; and
- Implementing our web-based and integrated GuardianERM.net risk management technology.
We have supported all three levels of government sectors including:
|Auburn Council||Hurstville City Council||Penrith City Council|
|Aust Reinsurance Pool Corp||Illawarra Shoalhaven LHD||Pillar Administration|
|Bankstown City Council||James Cook University||Port Stephens Council|
|Bega Valley Shire Council||Kiama Council||Queanbeyan City Council|
|Blue Mountains City Council||Ku-ring-gai Council||Randwick City Council|
|Botany Bay Council||Lake Macquarie Council||Redland City Council|
|Broken Hill City council||Lane Cove Municipal Council||Rockdale City Council|
|Burwood Council||Leichhardt Council||Rouse Water|
|Cabonne Shire Council||Lismore Council||Shellharbour City Council|
|Camden Council||Liverpool City Council||Shoalhaven City Council|
|Canterbury City Council||Long Service Corporation||SSROC|
|CENTROC||Lord Howe Island Board||Strathfield Council|
|Cessnock City Council||Manly Council||Sutherland Shire Council|
|City of Canada Bay||Marrickville Council||Sydney Cricket Ground Trust|
|Coffs Harbour City Council||Parramatta City Council||Tamworth Council|
|Corrective Services NSW||Mental Health Commission||Tweed Shire Council|
|Dept. Of Premier and Cabinet||Mosman Municipal Council||Upper Lachlan Council|
|Eurobodala Shire Council||Muswellbrook Council||Wagga Wagga City Council|
|Fairfield Council||Newcastle Airport||Waverley Councl|
|Family & Community Services||North Sydney Council||Wentworth Shire Council|
|Far North Coast Weeds Auth||NSW Institute of Psychiatry||Western Sydney Parks Trust|
|Gosford City Council||NSW Ombudsman||Willoughby City Council|
|Mid-Coast Council||NSW Treasury Corporation||Wollondily Council|
|Holroyd City Council||Office of Strategic Lands||Wollongong City Council|
|Hornsby Shire Council||Orange City Council||Wyong Shire Council|
|Hunters Hill Council|
Did You Know?
InConsult was ranked by BRW as one of the fastest growing new companies in Australia.
We pioneered research into risk management practices in local government through our Council Wide Risk Management Survey.
We helped Hunters Hill Council win 2011 a Risk Management Excellence Award.
Read our Council Wide Risk Management Report. More…